Brief product description
GEFA UltraPure offer Nordson Medical Luer fittings, adapters and accessories which are part of a standardized system of small-scale tubing connectors used to make secure, leak-proof unions in laboratory instruments for gas and fluid-management applications.
The two main categories of luer fittings are luer locks and luer slips:
Luer-lock connectors (female) are joined by means of a tabbed hub on the female fitting that screws into threads in a sleeve on the male fitting and attaches securely. Male luer lock connectors are available with integral lock rings or with rotatable features to allow you to position the tubing before assembly. This locking mechanism is used for applications that require a secure connection.
Luer-slip connectorssimply conform to luer taper dimensions and are pressed together and held by friction (they have no threads). This mechanism is used for applications such as priming and flushing.
Luer Selection includes:
• 120+ luer configurations.
• Available in nylon, polypropylene, polycarbonate, polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), and other materials by special order.
• Many colour options.
• Tubing connections ranging from 1/16” (1.6 mm) to 1/4” (6.4 mm) IDs.
• Threaded ends and panel-mount versions.
• Conform to ISO-594-1 and ISO 594-2 standards.
• Published ISO Design Standard.
• Rotating lock permits tube positioning prior to tightening.
• Tapered cone seal.
• Available in many materials.
• Easy to understand.
• Many configuration options.
• Security options – fixed lock, rotating lock, no lock.